FAQ: Setting the Service Account for Exchange Connector
Exchange Connector runs in the background as a Windows service. This allows the service to run irrespective of whether a user is logged onto the computer, or whether the Service Manager software is running. However, Windows services have special security requirements as each service runs under a specific user account. By default this is the Local System account. Exchange Connector requires read access to Active Directory to resolve email addresses. However this account may not have permission to read from Active Directory, and you may need to change the account which Exchange Connector is running under:
- Open the Services tool from the Administrative Tools folder in Control Panel.
- In the right hand pane, locate the service QSS Exchange Connector Service.
- Right-click the service and select Properties.
- Select the Log On tab, and click This Account.
- Enter the credentials of a user which has access to Active Directory and has the Log on as a Service right. The username must be entered in the format DOMAIN\UserName.
- Click OK.
- Stop and restart the service for the changes to take effect.